Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The REAL Christmas Story

Oh, my Christmas was complete today. Took two under tens to see 'The Wizard Of Oz' in the National Concert Hall. Superb. My special Christmas treat, in some form, every year. Last year it was the movie shown on a big screen in the Helix theatre accompanied by the RTE Concert Orchestra. But you can't beat a live show.

On my 'to-do' list before I die is to play 'The Cowardly Lion' in some version of the Wiz. Only problem is I can't sing - bet I could do a magnificent talking version of 'If I were King of the Forest....'though. So along with directing 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' and playing Lady Macbeth, the Cowardly Lion is up there in the top ten.

We're off the 'A Christmas Carol' at the Gate Theatre tomorrow night ~(aren't we a fierce cultured fambly? Then 'Funderland'in the RDS on Sunday (Dublin's homage to DisneyWorld!)...I think Christmas hols cost us more than the summer hols every year.

Actually normally nothing would possess me to go up in one of them whirly very fast things that people seem to think are fun. But a chapter of novel one was set in Funderland so I thought I better do some research. I took along a few kids last year (mainly to hold my hand on the whirly things ) and now they seem to think it is a Christmas tradition!

Plus we have a new family member arriving at the weekend - Dora our new dog is to be delivered by Dogs Trust so we're all looking forward to that.

What happened to me? Funderland, dogs...I'll be going down the big slides at the National Aquatic Centre next!

No comments:

Post a Comment